[FOSPA / 06 jun 2022]
DECLARATION OF THE PANAMAZONIC SOCIAL FORUM – FOSPA PERU
LIMA – 2022
ROAD TO THE X FOSPA, BELEN DE PARÁ, BRAZIL
We, social movements, indigenous peoples, women, men and young Amazonians, Andeans and Afro-descendants of Peru, present at FOSPA PERU on the way to X FOSPA in Belem de Pará, Brazil, express our firm decision to articulate efforts and struggles in defense of the territories of the Amazon and life, against the patriarchal, colonial, racist neoliberal economic model that violates all our individual and collective rights, against corruption and against fundamentalism.
This imposed economic model does not recognize the solidarity economies and worldviews of the peoples, it points to the dispossession of the land and territory of indigenous peoples, prevailing violence against women, the devastating advance of climate change, the criminalization of protest, the political crisis and the corruption that is shaking our country and the entire continent.
Likewise, the institutionalized corruption in the system, which corrupts the political and economic forces that govern our country, prevents any progress in terms of justice, in the exercise of human rights and blocks the processes of coexistence between our peoples.
We recognize an alliance of conservative forces and political and religious fundamentalist groups that occupy the spaces of power with an exclusive, unequivocal and hegemonic view of the diversity of women and men of our peoples and that ignores their processes of collective growth in favor of good living and full life.
Against this, in defense of the Amazon, life and individual and collective human rights
- Our rejection of the extractivist, racist, patriarchal, colonial neoliberal economic model that promotes the climate crisis violates collective and individual rights, women’s rights, our spiritualities and worldviews.
- Our rejection of political, economic and religious fundamentalisms that do not recognize other ways of understanding the world and of the corruption rooted and installed at all levels of government.
- Our rejection of the systematic, political, economic, cultural dispossession of indigenous territories and the food crisis that the neoliberal model imposes through the State, which threatens the life of indigenous communities and peoples.
- Our rejection of a mercantilist vision of life, especially in the bodies of women, who suffer multiple forms of violence, and that prevents them from the right to live in peace and freedom.
- We are eco-solidarity socio-evolution in the face of the climate crisis and the threat against all living beings due to capitalist consumerism and the depredation of nature.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Continue fighting for the search for viable local, national and international alternatives, which seek to create environmental awareness and the protection of nature’s goods. We continue to fight for the paradigm shift, our best heritage.
- Question the prevailing hegemonic culture that seeks to impose a lifestyle based on consumerism and the depredation of the Amazon, violating the human rights of men and women of the Amazonian, Andean and Afro-descendant peoples.
- Recover the ancestral knowledge and forms of organization of our peoples for water management, the protection of its source: our rivers, clean and free, and territorial governance with the leading participation of indigenous and Afro-Peruvian peoples, true defenders of the territories and the Amazon.
- Build and strengthen processes of recognition of integral territories, self-government and autonomy as an expression of our right to self-determination of peoples. We demand recognition and respect for the right to integral territory and self-government that the Amazonian indigenous nations have been building.
- Fight for change, which implies unlearning what has been learned and recovering ancestral values and knowledge of indigenous and Afro-descendant peoples, adopting from the global world what benefits us and demanding a State that guarantees food security and sovereignty, with sustainable solutions such as production systems agroecological.
- Reverse the effects of climate change, moving towards a new paradigm that recognizes and values all worldviews and ways of understanding the world, to relate to nature, based on care and respect as the only way to guarantee the sustainability of life.
- Confront the patriarchal, capitalist and colonial system, which excludes and discriminates against our knowledge and cultures, ancestral rights and our own philosophies, which also violate our territories and bodies.
- Continue betting with women for the care of life in decent conditions without violence of any kind, demanding that no decision about them be made without their participation and autonomy to decide on their bodies and territories
- Promote community education by revaluing, strengthening and transmitting identity with an interdisciplinary and intercultural approach in such a way that it facilitates the participation of peoples in decision-making for good living.
- Understand that communication is a right and has the duty and the need to assume a plural, intercultural decolonization, with democratic regulatory frameworks to face the challenges of the peoples and territories of the Pan-Amazon.
- Consider the need to have transformative, community economies, rooted in trust, linked to the potential of the people and their community knowledge. To do this, we propose to develop a map of experiences of transformative economies in the Pan-Amazon region.
NATIONAL COMMITTEE (CN) PERU OF THE PANAMAZONIC SOCIAL FORUM (FOSPA)
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIAL GOVERNMENT OF THE WAMPÍS NATION (GTANW)
PERMANENT COUNCIL OF THE AWAJÚN AND WAMPIS PEOPLES (CPPAW)
CENTRAL CENTER OF NATIVE COMMUNITIES OF THE CENTRAL JUNGLE (CECONSEC)
COORDINATOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND DEFENSE OF THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLES OF THE SAN MARTÍN REGION (CODEPISAM)
FEDERATION OF INDIGENOUS WOMEN KUKAMA KUKAMIRIA OF THE RIVER SAMIRIA AND MARAÑÓN “HUAYNAKANA KAMATAHUARA KANA”
ASSOCIATION OF PERUVIAN AMAZON INDIGENOUS ROOTS (ARIAP)
REGIONAL FEDERATION OF ASHÁNINKA, NOMATSIGUENGA AND KAKINTE WOMEN (FREMANK)
ASHÁNINKA POWER PLANT OF THE ENE RIVER (CARE)
FEDERATION OF NATIVE COMMUNITIES OF THE UCAYALI AND TRIBUTARIES (FECONAU)
CIVIL ASSOCIATION OF NATIVE WOMEN OF THE PROVINCE OF DELORETO (ACIMUNA)
SAN PABLO DE TIPISHCA COCAMA ASSOCIATION FOR DEVELOPMENT AND CONSERVATION (ACODECOSPAT)
UNION OF ASHÁNINKA AND YANESHA NATIONALITIES (UNAY)
FEDERATION OF KECHUA CHAZUTA AMAZON INDIGENOUS PEOPLES (FEPIKECHA)
AWAJUN REGIONAL INDIGENOUS FEDERATION OF ALTO MAYO (FERIAAM)
SINGLE NATIONAL CENTRAL OF PEASANT ROUNDS OF PERU (CUNARC-P)
PLATFORM OF SOCIO-TERRITORIAL SELF-GOVERNMENTS
AFRO-DESCENDENT REGIONAL NETWORK OF MADRE DE DIOS (AFROMAD NETWORK)
DEFENDERS OF LIFE AND THE PACHAMAMA OF CAJAMARCA
IQUITOS WATER DEFENSE COMMITTEE
MULTI-SECTORAL COMMITTEE FOR THE DEFENSE OF THE MOCHE RIVER
SATIPO DIALOGUE TABLE
REGIONAL ASSOCIATION OF AMAZON ECOLOGICAL PRODUCERS (ARPEAM)
ASSOCIATION OF INDIGENOUS WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS VIRGIN OF FATIMA (AMIEVF) OF AMAZONAS
ASSOCIATION OF CLUB OF MOTHERS OF ENTREPRENEURS OF THE AGRO BIODIVERSITY OF LAMUD- AMAZONAS
ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS “WARMI TSINANI”
JUNÍN REGIONAL COUNCIL OF WOMEN (CRMJ)
CEPEDA LULAY ASSOCIATION OF JUNÍN
INSTITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT AND AMAZON PEACE (IDPA) OF TARAPOTO
VICARIATE OF JAEN
COMMITTEE FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST POVERTY (MCLP) OF LORETO
FLOODS NEVER AGAIN IN PIURA
LURÍN BASIN WATER DEFENSE FRONT (FEDAC)
ZONAL ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITTEE (CAZ) OF JOSÉ GÁLVEZ DE VILLA MARÍA DEL TRIUNFO
VILLA MARÍA DEL TRIUNFO DISTRICT COORDINATOR
ENVIRONMENTAL NETWORKS OF VILLA EL SALVADOR (REDAVES)
SAND AND MATS
COLLECTIVE OF WOMEN WORKING AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE (COMUTRAFECC) OF SAN JUAN DE MIRAFLORES
NATIONAL NETWORK FOR THE PROTECTION OF RIVERS IN PERU (RIVERS CLEAN AND FREE)
PROMOTING GROUP OF WOMEN AND CLIMATE CHANGE (GIMCC)
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF ECOLOGICAL PRODUCERS – ANPE PERU
CITIZEN MOVEMENT AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE (MOCICC)
PERUVIAN POPULAR EDUCATION COLLECTIVE (CEEAAL PERU)
NATIONAL COLLECTIVE OF INTERCULTURAL COMMUNITY EDUCATION (COLECI)
RESURRECTS PERU NOW (RPA) INTEGRAL ECOLOGY COMMISSION
FEDERATION OF PEASANT COMMUNITIES
AMAZON CENTER FOR ANTHROPOLOGY AND PRACTICAL APPLICATION (CAAAP)
PERU SOLIDARITY FORUM (FSP)
SOLIDARITY ACTION FOR DEVELOPMENT – COOPERATION
PROMOTION OF LIFE-FOVIDA
INSTITUTE FOR THE COMMON GOOD (IBC)
BARTOLOMÉ DE LAS CASAS INSTITUTE (IBC)
EPISCOPAL COMMISSION FOR SOCIAL ACTION (CEAS)
ANDEAN FARMING TECHNOLOGY PROJECT – PRATEC
INTERRELIGIOUS INITIATIVE FOR TROPICAL FORESTS (IRI) PERU
SOCIO-ENVIRONMENTAL FUND OF PERU (FSP)
TRAINING AND INTERVENTION GROUP FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT (GRUFIDES)
SCHOOL FOR DEVELOPMENT
RADIO CONNECTION LIFE
TRISTAN FLORA PERUVIAN WOMEN’S CENTER
MOVEMENT OF WORKING CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS CHILDREN OF CHRISTIAN WORKERS (MANTHOC)
LAUDATE SI’ MOVEMENT
RELIGIONS FOR PEACE
LATIN AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF RADIOPHONE EDUCATION (ALER)
LATIN AMERICAN NETWORK FOR ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL JUSTICE (LATINDADD)
INTERNATIONAL RIVERS (IR)
CORPORATION FOR INVESTIGATION AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC ACTION (CIASE) OF COLOMBIA
ARTICULATION OF BRAZILIAN WOMEN (AMB)
LEGAL SUPPORT FOR THE AYOREO PEOPLE OF PARAGUAY
They want to finish the Amazon and we women are not going to let it!
In defense of life, towards Good Living and Full Life!
Road to Belén de Pará 2022, Capital of resistance, trench of the peoples
Lima, May 27, 2022