[Español, Português] The movements, networks, collectives, activists, institutions and organizations of indigenous peoples, quilombolas, riverine people, siringueros (rubberes), caboclos, marrons, peasants, artists, religious, defenders of nature, communicators, academics, women, youth and inhabitants of the Amazon and other regions of the planet committed to the defense of life, call ourselves to the Second Global Assembly for the Amazon «Heading to the X FOSPA» to be held in person and virtually on July 28, 2022 in the city of Belém do Pará Brazil at 8:00 Ecuador, Colombia, Peru and New York, 9:00 Bolivia, Guyana and Venezuela, 10:00 Brazil-Belém, Guyana, French Guiana and Suriname, 15:00 France ( CEST) and 18:30 India-Delhi.
The First Global Assembly for the Amazon (AMA) was held virtually in July 2020 with 3,206 registered participants. Since then, we have organized and supported different initiatives such as the Amazonize-yourself! music festival (August 2020), the virtual caravan of Amazonian Create-Action against the climate crisis (September 2020), the elaboration of a Life Plan to stop the escalation of pandemics that push the Amazon and the world towards collapse (February 2021), the Amazon Climate Forum in the United States (March 2021), the exchange of national experiences against fires in the Amazon (May 2021), The Encounter of Knowledge in Belém do Pará (October 2021), the Amazon case at the fifth session of the International Tribunal for the Rights of Nature (November 2021), the Global Assembly on the Amazon and the climate crisis held in a hybrid manner in Glasgow, Scotland, parallel to COP 26 (November 2021), and the call to Peace from the Amazon (March 2022).
The Second Global Assembly for the Amazon will have among its objectives:
- Strengthen the X Pan-Amazonian Social Forum, its five houses of knowledge and feelings (Common goods, Rights of peoples, Self-government, Mother Earth and Women’s Resistance) and its major events that will take place from July 28 to 31 in the city of Belém do Pará Brazil.
- Share and reflect on a series of initiatives to be discussed within the framework of the X FOSPA, such as:
- the visit of the International Tribunal for the Rights of Nature to the Amazon,
- the construction of a regulatory proposal to curb deforestation exported from the Amazon,
- the articulation of a global parliamentary front for the rights of Nature and against ecocide,
- the development of actions to deal with the war in Ukraine
- the strengthening of international solidarity against all projects and forms of authoritarianism, and
- the convening of Earth Assemblies to a) strengthen the processes of territorial self-government, b) articulate the struggles against extractivism at a global level, c) promote the recognition of rights and the participation of nature, and d) create spaces to build proposals and actions to address the climate and ecological crisis in the face of the evident corporate co-optation and failure of the United Nations conferences on climate change and biodiversity.
- Discuss a post X FOSPA action plan to save life in the Amazon and planet Earth.
To receive information and participate in person or virtually in the Second Global Assembly for the Amazon «Heading to the X FOSPA» you must fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/UKb3Q9bCiqgkThBx9
The Second World Assembly for the Amazon «Heading to the X FOSPA» will also be broadcast on https://www.facebook.com/asambleamazonica/ and https://www.youtube.com/c/AsambleaMundialporlaAmazonía
More information at https://asambleamundialamazonia.org/
2 comentarios sobre “Self-call to the Second Global Assembly for the Amazon «Heading to the X FOSPA»”